March I made some changes in my life



So in March I made some changes in my life in regards to food.

Originally I was doing interment fasting, fasting every Monday with a group of women #NewFastGirl. During this time of fasting I was able to see what and why I was eating.

I was able to gain some serious understand in regards to my connection or relationship with food. I had no relationship with food I just ate because you are supposed to eat and certain times of the day. I did not pay attention to what I ate at all. Going out to eat was so difficult because I had so many options, nothing was off limits.

The 1st week of march I made a change – I didn’t say how long I was going to do something I just said I was going to do it. I took some b4 pictures I joined a work out challenge #LTGKTB and I said to myself – Try it out. THIS IS NOT A DIET, is what I said.

*Sidenote; I grew up with a mother that was on diets most of my life I HATE DIETS so I in my almost 40 yrs I have never been on a diet. I pray over my food….. Then I eat it *

I set up some guidelines and rules for myself. Small things that I would be able to keep up not just for 60 days (that is how long the work out challenge was) but for a lifetime.

·       Stopped Drinking soda or Juice (basically I drink water and coconut water)
·       Stopped eating white rice, or pasta, or potatoes  L
·       Reduced my meat intake ( mainly only eating meat once a day)
·       Increased my veggie intake
·       Started drinking protein shakes
·       Stopped eating cheese
·       Stopped eating sweets (cake, cookies, candy, pastries, pound cake, cheese cake, ice cream, brownies, red vines…..oops my bad)

Setting up boundaries helped me sooooo much. I did not feel deprived. Going out to eat was so easy, after I removed all of those things up there the menu began to appear very small. I was having good meals. I would cook or “prep” sometimes but I knew I was not about to be able to keep that up…. How I look focusing that much time and energy into food….when you remember what I said earlier I had no relationship with food, I eat because we are supposed to. I mean I can eat wings and salad every day, every meal. So no way I was gonna be a food prepping master. So I had to do what worked for me. Cooking up a bunch of veggies and onions and stuff so that all I had to do was grill whatever met I was going to have or whatever meat the kids had, boom dinner. I needed it to be easy… when it is hard I don’t want to do it.

I started the month off at Two hundred and twenty four pounds …. 224 lbs, That is one pound shy of my weight the day I came to give birth to my last child. So basically in the last 5 years I have maintained the pregnancy weight. I am the original #thickchick so I wasn’t mad about it. I didn’t like how my outfits fit me but still I knew I was fine!!! Confidence was never the issue. It was the ability to MOVE! – I am only 5’3 I was carrying around a lot of weight and I was limiting myself in activities. I would just not do things because I didn’t want anyone to see that I couldn’t put my shoes on easily anymore. 
Now listen everyone is different, so for me I was too heavy. I knew I didn’t want to do herbalilfe I wasn’t going to drink the Tea or take the pills, I didn’t want to have to be in debit to anyone to be able to be fitter. I didn’t want to only know how to do it if I am drinking 3 shakes a day. I didn’t want any gimmicks.

So I spent 60 days changing my life in regards to food. I have broken all of those rules a few times in the last 60 days. For the 1st time I am seeing results, positive results.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm better left alone

14/30 If you knew me...